I’ve been working on upgrading my network. I installed a new network cabinet today and added all my servers to it. I’ve moved most of my VMs that run my home network to a newer HP DL380 which freed up most of the resources on the DELL Poweredge R710 for the BBS.
Here are some fun facts about Arcadia BBS:
- Internet Connection 300 Mbps
- Host Operating System is Windows Server 2016 Datacenter
- Runs on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS in a Hyper-V VM
- VM has 4 Virtual Processors
- VM has 8 GB dedicated RAM
- Fixed-Size / 85 GB VHDX File
- Runs on a Dell PowerEdge R710 Server
- Newsgroups server runs on a Windows Server 2016 VM
- All doors (Including Tradewars) are running under Linux
- I have a second Windows 2016 Server configured for Hyper-V Replication
- The BBS would be live on the backup server within minutes of failing.